May is Preservation Month. This year’s theme is “See! Save! Celebrate!” and Peerless encourages the community to participate in creative activities that show your support. Here are a few ideas to get you started.
- Explore Rockville’s Civic Center Park and visit Glenview Mansion, Rockville’s newest locally designated landmark.
- Spend an hour or two among the tombs at Rockville Cemetery. Dating back to the colonial era, Rockville Cemetery is the resting place of many community leaders.
- Take a bike ride between Adam, Washington, and Jefferson streets and Wood Lane, the original 1803 Plan of Rockville. There you can find historic markers telling more about the historic homes of old Rockville.
Have a picnic on the grounds of Dawson Farm Park. Dawson Farm Park features two privately owned historic farmhouses, historic outbuildings, and a beautiful park.
- Discover the timeless appeal of the neighborhoods of Twinbrook, Woodley Gardens, New Mark Commons, Americana Centre, and King Farm.
- Participate in “This Place Matters,” a fun way to celebrate the places that make Rockville special. Download a This Place Matters sign and take a picture of yourself holding the sign while standing in front of your favorite historic place. Send your picture to email@example.com and you may see your picture featured on Peerless’ Facebook page.