F. Scott Fitzgerald Flashlight Memorial
Sunday, December 20, 6 pm – 8pm
Join Peerless Rockville and the Obscura Society DC after hours at the historic St. Mary’s Catholic Church Cemetery to celebrate the life and legacy of one of America’s greatest novelists, Francis Scott Fitzgerald. Our two hour program will consist of history, wine, a short vigil, and readings at the Fitzgeralds’ grave site. We will also be joined by members of the F. Scott Fitzgerald Literary Festival, Atlas Obscura’s CEO David Plotz, and other distinguished guests. Program will commence in the grand courtroom of the Red Brick Courthouse and proceed to the grave site.
Notes for this Adventure:
- We will be walking about a half mile to the cemetery and standing for about 45 minutes in the December cold, so please bundle up and dress appropriately.
- Since we’ll be walking through a dark cemetery, we ask all to bring flashlights. We will have a few to provide the group as well.
- Since this event does include alcohol, we will be checking IDs.
- Families welcome! We are offering discounted child’s admission for this event. This ticket does not include alcohol.
- While there is street parking near the courthouse, we encourage all to use public transportation. The Rockville Metro station is on the Red Line and located about 2.5 blocks from the courthouse. Please refer to WMATA’s website for more information.
- All ticket sales are final. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Miriam Bunow at info@peerlessrockville or Matt Blitz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Peerless Rockville members will receive a $5 dollar discount on admission. Call the office at 301-762-0096 for the promotional code.
Click here to purchase tickets!
Wild Women of Maryland Book Signing & Holiday Gift Shop
Sunday, December 13, 11:30 am – 4 pm
Spend a wintry December afternoon immersed in history with Peerless Rockville and Preservation Maryland at the Montgomery County Historical Society’s Beall-Dawson House.
Lauren Silberman, author of Wild Women of Maryland will share highlights from her research introducing the many amazing stories of early-Maryland pioneers and innovators, notable and notorious women – everyone is sure to be inspired. After the lecture and book signing take the opportunity to visit the Gift Shop or enjoy a discounted tour of the historic Beall-Dawson House.
Cost: Book: $21.99, House Tour: $3, Lecture & Entry: Free