Saturday, February 11, 2017
9:30 am – 11:30 am
King Farm Community Center
300 Saddle Ridge Circle
Rockville, MD 20850
Join Peerless Rockville and local financial and estate planners to learn how you can support your favorite non-profits now and in the future through estate planning. This program will provide estate and tax planning techniques to plan for your heirs and support causes and charities in ways that maximize your gift, minimize tax, and fulfill your wishes. Through planned giving, you can continue to support the causes and organizations you value into the future.
Light Refreshments Provided.
Reserve your seat via Eventbrite.
Topics to include:
- avoiding or reducing estate and inheritance taxes
- lifetime gifts to charity vs. gifts at death
- advantages of gifts of appreciated property
- making a gift from your IRA
- charitable gift annuities
- gifts to charity in trust
- gifts of partial and remainder interests
- impact of anticipated tax reform
W. Thomas Curtis, EA, CFP
Accountant and Financial Planner with 45 years of experience in taxation, estates, and trusts. Retired chair of the planned giving unit at George Washington University.
Harold W. Pskowski, J.D., LL.M
Estate Planner and tax attorney; former editor of the Estates, Gifts, and Trusts Journal (Bloomberg BNA); author of articles and books on tax and estate planning; current Peerless Rockville Board.